Monday, December 10, 2007

No Christmas Cards for You!

Sorry long-distance friends, but you may not receive a Christmas card from us this year. I'm just feeling like Mr. Grinch these days whenever I contemplate the whole ordeal of the Christmas card process....taking the family picture, retaking the family picture, racking my brain for something interesting to say that sums up a year of same-ol, same-ol life, printing labels, folding letters, licking envelopes......can I just hit myself over the head with a hammer now please?
No hard feelings or anything. I still love y'all, which is why I feel a slight twinge of guilt over my grinch-iness this year. How about you just think of me as a very lazy winter bear in hibernation. Here's the thought process most evenings: "Hmmm, it's 9:00 p.m. Should I work on our Christmas card/newsletter or go to bed?" Not a tough choice.

But it's not just about laziness. I mean, when you're seven months pregnant who wants to take a picture of themselves anyway?

Still, there is that slight twinge of guilt at the thought of slacking off this year. So I've been trying to come up with ideas. For some reason though, Michael keeps poo-pooing all of my best ones. Here are my top 3:

Idea #1: A photo card with Michael and the kids. That's it. No letter. Love it, love it, love it!

Idea #2 (No picture, text only): I'm older. I'm fatter. Do you really want to see a picture? Merry Christmas! P.S. Still doing the same stuff as last year.

Idea #3 (My personal favorite): A photo card saying "Happy Holidays" with the following picture:


Honestly, what is not to love about this picture? Evan may be looking down but at least he's not pulling a funny face. And look at the rest of us. Eyes wide open, great smiles on our faces. Snazzy church attire. Sheesh. Some people can be soooo picky.


7 comments:

The James Family said...

OHHHH MY GOSH... I was laughing SOO hard at that picture! Seriously I check your blog everyday b/c you write the funniest things...I love it!!! Now can I just cut and paste your post on my blog b/c I feel the same way about christmas cards this year...plus who has an extra $75 dollars when your living on welfare!(but then again I still try and think of cute ideas like every day)
Love ya!
Melinda

Mia said...

That was so too funny! I love love love the picture. If it makes you feel any better I only mailed Christmas cards to family this year. Sorry, but we still love you all as well. A friend of mine wrote a family newsletter then put a pdf link from her blog to her letter. It was actually pretty nice. Pregnancy and a newborn baby totally give you a christmas card reprieve...

Sheree said...

I succumbed to peer pressure (ok who am i kidding, it really was self imposed pressure) and am sending out Christmas cards for the first time, and man did your blog make me laugh. Just taking our family picture was an event to spank children and rip out your hair. and we did 3 times! I am pretty sure that I am now being slowly poisoned by licking all these envelopes and thus will either meet an untimely demise or our unborn child is going to have 3 eyes. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Brooke said...

You're so funny Kasey! Great pictures, too. Please, don't even worry about things like Christmas cards when you're pregnant. We know you love us. Now go, take a nap! :-)

Kristi said...

hee hee! Kasey--you are one hilarious girl (one of the many reasons I think your the man). I don;t blame you for forgetting about the cards--they are NOT fun...

I Love LOVE that family picture!!! Will you give that to me framed for Christmas? Thank you in advance. :)

LaNan said...

I might use that idea next year for our cards. You are so dad gum funny!

Wendy said...

I love this picture! You have such a great smile on your face!