Monday, April 28, 2008

Family Vacation at Lake LBJ

This past weekend was quite the memorable one. We rented a lakehouse on Lake LBJ and had an extended family vacation (Michael's side). It was the first time in quite a while that all of Michael's siblings and families were able to get together. We sure had a good time boating, playing games, fishing, eating, and hanging out (all this despite a rocky start and getting chased by a rabid goose).

Here are a few fun pictures and my top ten:

10. Beautiful weather, beautiful views and great family company.
9. Emma catching a fish.
8. Mom making us cookies every day!
7. Playing cards in character. Ok, am I a dork or what? Can someone show me some real gangsta signs?

6. Yours truly impersonating Arnold Schwarzenegger losing at Cash Cab during family skits: "I am the governor of California and I know these things." Embarrasingly enough, I think this was caught on film.

5. Nathan's impression of George W. Bush on American Idol.

4. Cousins playing together, running wild and enjoying every minute of it.


3. Joel's impression of an NRA member.

2. Joel doing karaoke to "I'm Too Sexy." Too funny by far! (Since I gave him 2 of the top 10, we'll see if he'll stop over from chatting it up on Cougar Board to leave a comment. )


And the #1 slot goes to......:

1. No contest here--Melinda and her character Maria who wants to dance like John Travolta if she can only get rid of her J-Lo booty. Oh my goodness, this girl is hilarious! I had no idea. I was giggling like a school girl.

Thanks for the memories everyone!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow. Sounds like you guys had great fun. Thanks for the pictures! I love Emma's fish. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, just stopped by due to a fire drill over at Cougarboard.com. I have about 3 minutes until we can go back in, so I thought I'd check out the top 10! What!?!?!? Me barfing on the rock doesn't make the list? I'm glad you caught me in the photo the way I'm disco dancing . . . And to think, we thought the activity was lip syncing rather than karaoke, so Jen and I had a whole routine prepared for Baby it's Cold Outside. Oh well we can do that . . . wait, Cougarboard is open again, gotta go. Luv to my peeps in Austin.

The James Family said...

Wow...first I have to say the new layout is veri veri (in spanish accent) nic maaan. LOL:) Also I have to say to be in first for the top 10 is quite a compliment...thanks!! I love you too Kasey, now move up here NOW please b/c who else could you have soo much fun with!!