Monday, July 14, 2008

Emma's Fancy Party

Emma was born on the 4th of July, so as you can imagine, it is one big party at our house come July. This year I did a "Fancy Nancy" fashion show and luncheon party for her. The girls decorated purses and hats and modeled their fancy attire. Then they ate heart-shaped sandwiches with frilly toothpicks and drank punch with little umbrellas floating in them.

If there is one book that has pegged Emma and me, it is that one. Emma is such a little Nancy who loves to fancy everything up and I am unashamedly the simple white T-shirt and jeans mom. But for this birthday, I tried to change my unfancy ways.

Here are the girls all dressed up:


I must say though that next year I will be doing an anti-fancy party. No decorations, no goody bags, no activities, no special foods, no costumes. Just a cheapskate bring-your-own-sack-lunch to the park and play on the playground kind of party. It's a lot of work being fancy.

6 comments:

Mia said...

This is the difference between Zoey and I as well. I might totally steal your Fancy Nancy party idea for Zoey this year. It looks like the girls loved it!

Brooke said...

What a great party. I bet you're bushed after all that work! I love the colors though. Now I know what I'm going to do for my next birthday! ... in my mind. :-)

Maren and Dustin said...

Woa, total flash back to my 4th birthday party! My mom even did tiny sandwiches, and I still remember how fun it was! Too cute.

Wendy said...

wow! you're such a cool mom! can you throw a birthday party for me? i'll hire you as a party planner! j/k. emma's going to love the memories. always remember the wonderful memories she'll have!

Kristi said...

Ok, straight up you are the funnest Mom ever!!! What a great party, Kasey!!! Brinley absolutely loved it and she loves that Emma (as do I!) too. She is lucky to have Emma as her friend.

Kristi said...

Ok, straight up you are the funnest Mom ever!!! What a great party, Kasey!!! Brinley absolutely loved it and she loves that Emma (as do I!) too. She is lucky to have Emma as her friend.