Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby!


Ok, so he's not really a baby anymore. I guess being three years old now means he's a big boy. So here's my big boy with his sword cake. Don't look too closely at the cake. I really was planning on ordering from Costco, but Michael nostalgically insisted on letting Evan choose his favorite shape. And swords are it. So as with most of my crafting attempts, it always looks better in my mind than how it comes out in real life. Oh well. (Monique, if you read this think of our attempt to make the Aphrodite statue in college out of a vacuum cleaner and milk jug.) Side note: It really is quite funny and absurd that I am the "craft group" leader in our ward. Oh the irony of it all.

Well, I'm digressing. Back to Evan....this little guy had a great day with a homemade rubber band gun from Daddy and presents galore from Mom and Dad and Aunts and Uncle and Grandma and Grandpa. Is it bad that as a mom these are my thoughts as my son opens his presents: "50 pieces in this box? Guess who's going to have to be picking up all those pieces!" or "Where are we going to have room for all these new toys?" and "What toys can I get rid of without the kids noticing?"

Here's a rare shot: a family picture! Thanks to my awesome sis-in-law Melinda.



And one last shot of the birthday boy. Hey, guess who's potty trained now? And guess who has to go potty right now? Alas, this might have been a truly good picture if I had used the flash and if Evan had decided not to hold his birthday package. Still there is something insanely cute about little boys in white shirts and ties.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good grief. He is absolutely adorable.

The James Family said...

ok,that pic of Evan is sooo cute! You have become quite the blogger by the way, I love it!

Sheree said...

Evan is so dang cute! I am super jealous of your potty training triumph! Enjoy the 5 months of diaper-free heaven at your house.

Kristi said...

oh man, that last comment form you made me giggle. Evan is sooo stinkin adorable. The pictures turned out so cute (you are a babe yourself). I'm so glad Evan had a good birthday--and hooray for your birthday present from him in the form of potty-training (yay!)

LaNan said...

What a good mama you are! Evan is such a little ladies man!

Unknown said...

you guys are so cute! and i'm digging the cake! you've got some skills in that department!