Thursday, September 27, 2007

Calling All You British Drama Fans


I just watched North and South this week and I must simply say, "Thank you, BBC!" I never thought anything could come close to Pride and Prejudice, but this film certainly does. Richard Armitage is just amazing. I think the final scene in this movie has to be one of the best romantic scenes in film ever.

It's definitely more serious/gritty than P&P but don't let that dissuade you. The book is worth reading too. It's by Elizabeth Gaskell who also wrote Wives and Daughters (which has been turned into a movie as well--very very good with a great ending too, though I must say I am much more obsessed with North and South.)

Well, maybe now that I've blogged about this, I can get on with my life and stop watching it for a day or two. Unless, y'all want to do a marathon movie night and watch it together???

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

I'm all for movie night!!!

Kristi said...

Girl, you know I'm down (I'm so street) for a North & South movie night! LOVE LOVE this movie--what a hunk that dude turned out to be!! Hooray for BBC--they know how to make their movies...

Unknown said...

YES, girl!!! i watch that final scene over and over and over and over on youtube. um. there's link from my blog. north and south rocks the house!!! glad i'm not the only fan.

Wendy said...

I've never heard of that movie but i'm in for any movie with a hunky man!!

Lena said...

Okay, now I really wanna see it! And, by the way, all the talk about the book Infidel made me go out and join a book club and I am now not-so-patiently waiting my turn to pick the book, so I can finally read it!!!

Kristi said...

Kasey, I hate to bug you, but I am needing an update. Oh, and we seriously need to hang out. :)