Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What Is That Smell??

This has been me lately:



Sniffing around my house on all fours. (I thought I'd opt for cute poodle over big ole pregnant woman on hands and knees.) You're welcome.

So there is this strange smell in my house. You first catch wind of it as you are going up the stairs. The smell reaches its peak at the very top of the stairs and then kind of goes away as you head down the hallway.

I hate this smell!

And I hate it even more because I don't know where it is coming from or what is causing it or how to stop it from smelling. I have sniffed my stairs. I have sniffed my walls. I have sniffed the air vent. Yet I still have not found its source. I'm running out of things to sniff.

Did I say I hate this smell?

This smell and I have met before. It was at someone else's house. I remember thinking, "Man, that is one bad smell." Sadly, I did not know that this smell would come back to find me years later.

And how do you research a smell on the Internet? How do you even describe a smell?

It looks like this smell and I will have to settle in for a couple more months of mutual loathing. Hopefully when Baby J is born, my supernatural sense of smell will go away and I can live in blissful smell ignorance.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i have a super sniffer when i'm pregnant, too. chris knows better than to even breathe in my direction!

Kristi said...

hee hee hee. :) Oh Kasey, this post made me laugh, and also made me a little nervous because I know there is a chance you could be referring to my home as the "smell that haunts you from someone else's home!" If it was my house, I am so, so sorry...

Of all the heightened things to get while pregnant, sense of smell just seems like a bad joke, doesn't it? Where is the benefit, I ask?

The James Family said...

ok, please tell me your kidding. Do you not remember the smell last year in that same location?? The time when we used to live with you guys I distinctly remember a smell as well, and it was a dead RAT!! Look into it...seriously:)hehe

Kathy said...

You had a dead rat in your house? Ewe. So sorry. I had unwanted critters too a year ago!! Took me forever to get rid of them. Hey, by the way, that dog looks like Muffy!!!