Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Are They Trying to Sell Clothes with Mirrors Like Those?!


I snuck out tonight to do some shopping at Tar Zhay without the kiddos. I tried on some clothes and while doing so caught a glance of my backside in their lovely mirrors.

At first I wondered if somebody else had gotten into the dressing room with me.  When I verified that it was indeed only me in the dressing room, I was shocked, dismayed, depressed, etc. Since my backside is always walking behind me, it's not often that I get to see it up close and personal. It wasn't a pleasant meeting.

I decided not to get the clothes until I could come back having logged 100 hours on a stairmaster.

So here's my unsolicited advice to Target:

First off, Target dude, are you really trying to sell clothes with mirrors like those? Because the only things that you might have a chance at selling with such mirrors are some diet books, bottled water and exercise gear. In fact maybe you should set up a stand right outside the dressing room with fresh vegetables and protein bars for easy grabbing. 

Actually, the more I think about it....you also might add another stand with mint Oreo cookies and chick flicks and big comfy jammy pants. You know on those days when the mirrors are so depressing we think, hey who's gonna notice one more cookie on this caboose?

But if you're not so into these ideas and really do want to sell clothes, here's the deal: take your mirrors back to the funhouse. Ask them for the ones that subtract fifteen pounds and erase stretch marks and cellulite. And while you're at it, could you dim the lights a little for me too?

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Kasey, I love that you are posting so much--woohoo!!! And amen sister on Tarjay's crappy mirror situation! It's the mirror--it's not you. Trust me. You look great, my dear!!! But I would love a little light dimming and some oreos nearby just in case...good ideas, Kasey!!!

Wendy said...

You are hilarious! But, I'd totally have to agree. I never thought it was the mirrors--always thought it was the lighting. I think we should let them know about the messed up mirrors and lighting!

Mia said...

Well I for one am glad to know that my last trip to Target had nothing to do with my body being completely out of whack and everything to do with bad mirrors and lighting. I guess now that I know it isn't me I can stop crying and should put down the ice cream ;)

Bry n Dani Family said...

Your blog is so fun! I couldn't stop laughing. I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed talking with you in the Mother's lounge this summer. I appreciated the advice and enjoyed the company. Thanks. Danielle