Sunday, September 7, 2008

You Know You Need a Style Overhaul When


On Saturday, we took the kids to Hamilton Pool. Michael swam out with Emma and Evan while I waded waist-deep into the water with Isaiah. Isaiah started smiling and being flirty with a lady and her daughter who were standing nearby.  So I started chatting with this lady. Eventually she asked me what my baby's name was. I said it was Isaiah.

To this she replied, "I thought you were going to say that." 

Really? Um, why? With thousands of boy names in this world, why would she think my baby's name was Isaiah?

I mean, was it because I was wearing something like this?


Yep, that was me, the religious fundamentalist lady just kicking it with my sister wives at Hamilton. So of course it would be natural for one to guess that my baby was named something biblical, because after all wasn't I in the dead giveaway outfit? The lovely wrist to ankle 1800s dress with my hair french-braided down to my bum. 

No, not even. Granted, I wasn't skimping around in hang-it-all-out there bikini fashion. But I didn't think I was so completely off the fashion radar as to instantly convey to people that I would name my children Ezekiel or Jeremiah or Isaiah. 

And here's me with Evan in my church lady swim outfit. Dude, the rash guard was for sun protection! But now that I think about it, I bet that's what did me in on the style meter. Oh and having three kids, one of them a baby on my hip probably helped things along.  

So now you see how my sad little mind works.  Someone assumes I'm a good Christian woman and all I can think is, "Man, I really need a style overhaul."




2 comments:

Kristi said...

Kasey, that is hilarious--I don't think you need a style overhaul!! And I think Isaiah is a cute name. That woman is nuts. :) This reminded me of when Brinley's preschool teacher asked if we could celebrate her birthday and holidays, to which I replied, "Yes, but we can't cut her hair and we knit our own clothes."

Mia said...

Oh you crack me up! I love all of your kids names and you of all people don't need a fashion overhaul! You are as cute as can be.

Ps Leave it to Kristi to say that to Brinley's teacher!