Thursday, October 23, 2008

Evan's 4th Birthday

Happy Birthday Evan! I can't believe he's 4 already. He seems like such a big boy now. What happened to my little baby? Ah, the parental lament about time passing so quickly.

Evan wanted a shark-themed birthday this year.  It's become tradition to do a cake in the shape of whatever image strikes the kids' fancy that year. Believe me, I tried to get out of this tradition in the beginning. A few years back I mentioned I was going to get a birthday cake from Costco when Michael went on and on about how he can still remember the birthday cakes his mom made and how much he loved them and how special they made him feel. Oh darn. It's just that cakes are not really my bag of skills. (At least the making-them part. I'm pretty darn good at eating them, you know!) 

So here's Evan's shark cake. I love the 3D effect. I found the idea from Grab Your Fork.


I had a small pizza party for Evan at the park. We played feed the shark and pin the fin on the shark. Emma got a kick out of pretending she was being eaten alive.


8 comments:

Kristen said...

What are you talking about??? That cake is AWESOME. I'm starting to think I want a shark cake for MY birthday next year!

Jen said...

Both the cake and shark poster turned out fabulous. Happy Birthday Evan!

anna and wells said...

You did a great job on that cake it must have taken you a long time. I am sure Evan will remember that on for a long time.

Brooke said...

Kasey, That really is a good cake, I'm glad you took a picture of it. I'd say you're safe from ending up on the Cake Wrecks page that Anna found. :-) Thanks so much for letting me crash your party. That was really sweet of you, we had a great time!! :-)

Maren and Dustin said...

I happen to have some cake skills and you seriously put me to shame with that work of art! Awesome job!

Maren

Mia said...

For not being your bag of skills I am very impressed!! I am sure that he loved the whole entire party. I am feeling like I just might attempt baking a cake for my kids birthdays this year.

Ashley said...

Kasey, way to go on that cake! I'll have to remember that one for the future!

Kristi said...

The party was AWESOME!!!And the cake was awesome...again, can you make my kids birthday cakes from now on? You have SERIOUS skills, woman.