Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to the World's Best MIL!


A special birthday post goes out to the world's greatest mother-in-law! Especially since I forgot to call her today. Oops. And when I called Michael in San Antonio at 10:30 tonight, hoping that at least he'd remembered to call her, he had forgotten too. Double oops.

I remembered yesterday. And the day before. The intentions were good but the follow-through was lacking. So Happy Happy Birthday Mom from Michael and I! Sorry we're such losers.

Seriously though, I have the world's greatest mother-in-law. First of all, she raised a pretty awesome son which I am very grateful for. And she has been the nicest, most fun, best to chat with, best to make you feel welcome over and over again, best to shop with, best to help decorate your house, best to make delicious pies to eat and best at lots of other things I could list but I won't because it's 2 a.m. and I really need to get to bed mother-in-law EVER. And the grandkids are pretty crazy about her too. 

Happy Birthday! We love you.

And yes, I think this will be my new Halloween costume:


3 comments:

Lena said...

You are a nice thoughtful daughter-in-law! (minus the fact that you didn't call her on her bday) I loved the video of evan driving the boat. Hilarious!

Mia said...

Happy birthday to your mom-in-law!

Lorraine said...

Thanks, Kasey! I must say that you are THE BEST daughter-in-law, in fact, my favorite one! And I really appreciate how GREAT a mom you are to those precious grandchildren. Thanks for the special post on your blog - it makes me feel pretty special!