Saturday, March 7, 2009

Too Good For Birthday Cake

Isaiah just turned one.  He was not so impressed.  We stood around with cameras ready as he stared down his slice of birthday cake.  He looked at it suspiciously.  He didn't break a smile. When I finally tried to feed him a little bite, he cried and shook his head back and forth. Seriously, that picture is him at his birthday happiest.

I think he could sense that he was getting third-child treatment and decided to act accordingly. "So you think you can get away with no birthday presents, Mom? I'll show you. I'm not eating any of this homemade cake.  And next year you better have this party catered with a bounce house, pony and thirty of my buddies or you won't get one single happy face from me."

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That's so funny. I know it can't be true, but I'm sure laughing at what you wrote! Sorry that Isaiah had such an usual birthday experience.

Lena said...

Wow! you made your third kid a birthday cake? I don't think we even sang happy birthday to walker (if I remember correctly, we had the flu around here and there was no such as celebrating!)