Saturday, September 8, 2007

Desk Duty


Michael and I just watched Breach the other night. It's based on a true story about how they caught a former FBI agent who had been spying for the Russians for 15 years. We liked it but of course Michael had to go off about how spying is dishonest and how the CIA always just gets us into trouble with their secret tortures and assassinations and failed wars, etc., etc.

Normally this would cut quite close to my heart. After all, I work for the CIA.......you know, in my free time. But I must admit that I have been having some job frustrations lately after I was recently reassigned to desk duty. No more Syndey Bristow stuff for me.

Nope. Here's me now. Hey, don't touch my stapler!


If you've never seen Office Space, it's hilarious. And this guy is my favorite character.

But anyway, watching Breach made me question how good of a spy I would really be. I think I'd get all nervous and queasy about killing and torturing people. And I don't know if I could stay very calm under the gun when getting caught would mean very scary business. Maybe I'll just have to make peace with my new analyst position.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Come on now, Kasey--you can torture and murder with the best of them! :) That job might make lesser women queasy, but not you! :) hee. Although, I think your little guy might appreciate a desk job more...I liked the movie Breach, and was equally grateful my husband was not employed by the CIA... :)

Wendy said...

You are so hilarious!! I laugh out loud everytime i read your blog!! I was supossed to be working on h/w last night and my husband caught me laughing out loud and he knew I wasn't do h/w. Maybe you could teach me some of that CIA stuff you've learned!!

LaNan said...

Oh heck girl-you've got the spying down...remember operation dirty dog! The torture and murder might take a little practice but you'll get the hang of it.

Devin is always asking where his stapler is with that perfect little lisp. Goooofy!

Ashlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashlee said...

How do you come up with this stuff? You are so dang funny! You can have a little pride about that!I love the office space guy too! we pretend to be him all the time in our house. I can't even count the times we have watched that movie!

Unknown said...

you freakin' kill me! i know you've got some butt kicking in ya...i can just tell!

Kristi said...

Ok, let's rethink your position at the CIA with those cupcake moves? You were destined for it, baby! And you know it! :)