Monday, January 14, 2008

Hooray for Donuts

When I was growing up in California and my grandparents would visit, my grandpa would always get up early and go down to Judy's Donuts for a box of donuts. We were always so excited to wake up Saturday morning and see that pink box on top of the fridge.

I've found one place here that I really like and that kind of comes close. I thought I should share the enjoyment. It's called KC Donuts. Naturally with a name like that I had to try it out. It's over on Brodie south of William Cannon in the same center as Austin Regional Clinic. The kids and I just stopped in on Saturday. I usually like to get the glazed or the custard-filled maple bars. It's a family-run place so it's not very big and they are only open in the mornings. You have to get there early before everything is gone. Oh and it's cash only.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

their doughnut holes are the BEST!!! but the cash only part always gets me and i end up across the street at shipley's...

Kristi said...

Sweet! I have never tried them, but I love a good donut (as you can probably tell :) Thanks for the yummy info.

Kristen said...

I'm with you! KC is the best! We got turned on to them about 2 months ago. YUM!
P.S. Kristi wants to know if they sell yeast rings?

Mia said...

I had my first donut, since I got pregnant with Reed almost three years ago, the other day and it was heavenly. I didn't even care that it was one of those three day old grocery store Krispy Kremes... Maybe dad will fly me down to Austin so I can try on of those fantastic sounding donuts!

Wendy said...

yep! found that donut place! my kids love it, but so do I! they have good kolaches!