Monday, January 14, 2008

What Women Want

I'd like to express my heartfelt thanks to Masterpiece Theatre and PBS for their service to womankind in bringing us six weeks of Jane Austen. If you haven't heard yet, every Sunday night they are showing a movie based on one of her books. There are four brand-new adaptations of Persuasion, Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park, and Sense and Sensibility, along with the Kate Beckinsale version of Emma....and of course, the one and only Pride and Prejudice. Is that not the best way to slog through January and February?

Here is my pictorial tribute:

Ah, our new Captain Wentworth. Very nice choice.
Is there anyone who has done a better job as Mr. Knightley than Jeremy Northam? No way. Ok, ok so they are not airing this version of Emma but I couldn't resist.
And Mr. Darcy. What else can I say? Thank you Colin Firth for making the world a much happier place to live in.
Side note to Masterpiece Theatre: Not that I'm nitpicky or anything Masterpiece Theatre, but I would like to tell you that I'm available for consulting on editing, hairstyle, makeup, wardrobe, and casting decisions. As is my friend Kristi. I realize that there's so much that goes into the making of these classics that some things might get overlooked or may not be done just right. For example, I suggest we give Anne Elliot a makeover--give her hair a good wash and maybe a new hairstyle. Oh and could we please try the kiss between Captain Wentworth and Anne again? Like get him to move in to kiss her, not just vice versa? Just a few things to fix, you know. Otherwise you're doing great. So if you're thinking about "touching up" some of your films...say for a 5-year anniversary DVD or something, I'm here for you. In Austin, TX. Thanks.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

okay, i'm watching this right now and i'm still undecided on the new captain wentworth. ciaran hinds really has that job for life in my mind. but so far...not bad...

Kristi said...

Awww, Kasey, you are hilarious (as usual) and can I get an Amen?! I loved your post and agree wholeheartedly about the minor tweaks--is hair washing asking a lot of Masterpiece Theater? I think not :) Thank you for the pictorial tribute--it is my favorite :)

The James Family said...

you dont get PBS...would you like me to tape everything, or do you get it on the internet? just another reason to move close. oh and Rod is stoked about doing your house, he said travis did dissapear, but that he came back so michael needs to give him the plans...ASAP!!

Kristen said...

I agree - that kiss has got to go. At least show it from some (ANY) other angle. I can't wait to see the rest!!

Kristen said...

Hey Girly! It's your cousin freezing cold Utah! I just started blogging and it's so fun to beable to stay connect and see what you are all up too! Your family is adorable and it looks like you had a fun Christmas. Keep in touch!