Sunday, January 25, 2009

This Is How Addiction Begins

I was digitizing my old photos today and couldn't pass this one up. 

Yes, this would be me when I was 4 years old.  The chubby-faced, straggly-haired little girl on the left holding a triple-scoop ice cream cone. Did I say three scoops?! Holy cow! What 4-year-old can eat that much ice cream? Me, I guess. 

Look at my sis Jen. She's much more moderate in her ice cream indulgence with just one scoop. Of course, she was only 2 then and couldn't talk. I bet if she could have talked, she would have said something like, "Hey, give me more ice cream! Why does Chubby get 3 scoops and I only get a lousy one scoop? Cheapskates."

So this is how it all began. For those of you who know me, you know that I am constantly trying to go "off-sugar."  Moderation does not exist for me. One cookie leads to a dozen cookies. There are simply no brakes in my car.  It is all or nothing for me.  And sadly, I do much better at all than nothing. 

Not that I'm blaming this on the wonderful parental unit that got me hooked in the first place. Nope. I'm just saying, "Wow, look how early it began in my life." Nice, 70's outfit too, huh? Groovy, man.

5 comments:

Mia said...

Hummm I think you are on to something there with blaming the sugar addiction on your early years sugar peddlers...

anna and wells said...

I like old pictures. This one is so cute. I love your hair. :)

Lena said...

OH my gosh, you make me laugh so hard! If you ever decide to go off sugar, please inspire me. I tell myself to do it at least 7 times a week, and my resolution usually weakens within an hour of breakfast!

Anonymous said...

Kasey, I think its just a thing with the oldest three. Becky and Josh dont have quite the same problem that we do. Maybe it was because of the frequency of ice cream runs (AM/PM, Thrifty). I remember when we were kids I used to steal the ice cream container out of the kitchen, take it behind the dining room table, and eat until I satisfied my addiction.

frel44 said...

Kasey, since I am the parental unit most responsible for your "addiction," we only go through mortality once, so enjoy....:-).

Big Dad