Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dumb Happens

Yes, it does. And it happens to me more frequently than the average person. I'm not quite sure what is happening to my brain. I used to consider myself a reasonably intelligent person. No matter. It all helps me stay grounded and not get all stuck-up smarty pants on you.

Here's tonight's random list of decisions I have made without consulting my brain:

1. Buying expensive consumer electronics.

From now on, I'd much rather just buy crappy stuff. Because when it breaks down, you don't care. I bought a VCR from Goodwill and although, it doesn't rewind very well, I don't mind. I paid $5 for it and am very satisfied with my purchase.

2. Buying white couches.

Ok, I did buy these before I had kids. But really, did I think I would never have kids? The problem with white couches is that I don't want anybody to sit on them. Seriously, get off those couches. Don't get food anywhere in a 10-foot perimeter of them. Don't jump on them. Don't touch them. They are not for sitting--just for looking at. Move on people.

3. Thinking I could lose the last ten pounds by only consuming water with lemon juice.

This was in high school and I only tried it for maybe an hour.

4. Thinking I could paper mache a Greek statue using a vacuum cleaner and an empty milk container.

In college. With no paper mache experience. See, the great thing about going to BYU is that we don't have to be drunk to do silly stupid things.

5. Buying a house next to a train.

Because if you want to sell it one day, no one will ever want to buy it. People looking for homes are so picky these days. I mean, there are a million things that are far worse to live near than a train...such as....um, a dump, a nuclear testing facility, a minefield, a gun range, a strip joint, a chicken processing plant. I could just go on and on, you know.

So there you have it: decision-making without using one single brainwave (I'll call it part 2 of my soon-to-be patented pride-sucker method.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thought about your last one, is to talk to the train people, and see if you can make an agreement on when the trains are coming by. If you can get their schedule, then you would know when to show your house and when not too. The other thing left to do after this is to have trees transplanted in to hide the train tracks. Should work.

Kristi said...

Kasey!! You are too funny. And I think you are VERY intelligent, despite what you may say about yourself. :) You always make me laugh...

Tiffany said...

Well, it could be worse... you could be trying to sell a house in LUBBOCK! (Oh, wait, that's us. Trust me--it is worse. Because, well, it's Lubbock.) I decided to finally post to acknowledge that I've been blog-stalking you since July. I LOVE your blog!
P.S. Personally, I think you're brilliant in the intelligence department--but maybe that's because you're so witty!:-)

Ashlee said...

Oh Kasey, don't be so hard on yourself, your not dumb! Besides, I have been secretly telling all your potential buyers horror stories about your "haunted house" so you can't move!!! =-)