Tuesday, July 7, 2009

How to Get Poop Out of Carpet

Just in case you needed to know how to get poop out of your carpet, here are some handy tips:

*Scrape as much off with a spoon and towel.
*Don't rub it in. 
*Use 1/2 tsp. dish soap to 1 cup of water to wet spot. Then pull as much fecal matter up with a towel. 
*Vacuum.
*Repeat a lot. 

Why would I think to share this information? You have one guess.

And he looks so sweet and innocent after being scrubbed down in the bathtub! 

So while I was doing dishes in the kitchen today, Isaiah was having a bowel movement in the playroom. I'm not sure how the offensive matter managed to get smeared all over his leg and then on the carpet and on the table and on the chair and in the hallway outside of the bathroom. When I discovered him, his diaper was still firmly attached to his bottom, little help that was.

What did his older 4-year-old brother do while this was happening, you ask? Just watch it all go down. Thanks, Evan.

Like I said in an earlier post, this kid is trouble. I need a cowbell and surveillance camera on him 24-7. 

Here's Isaiah caught red-handed: 

Ice water anyone?
Need some help at the office, Dad?

How does this thing start again?

It's a good thing he's such a cutie.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh gosh. Resolve is also very handy in such situations! I learned that one when my daughter took her underwear off and then SAT DOWN and proceeded to poop into my carpet. I have to remind myself that I love that one. Defiant that she is.

Maren and Dustin said...

OH man what are you going to do? He's just so CUTE!!! Thanks for the carpet/poo tips. Hope I never have to use them.