Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What Have I Done?!

We celebrated Emma's birthday this weekend with our family who came down for the holiday weekend. Emma wanted a dolphin cake, so I made some dolphins out of Rice Krispies, dipped them in white chocolate and stuck them on the cake. Um, not quite as magnificent as I imagined. Oh well,  Emma liked it.

And then Emma opened her card from Mommy and Daddy.

A coupon valid for one PUPPY! I love that face! I love that I caught it on camera. She is soooo excited about getting a dog. She has wanted one forever and has her heart set on a yellow lab. I know it will be a good thing. It will teach her empathy and responsibility. I  know that childhood doesn't last forever.  I know that having a dog will be something she will always remember. 

But AAAGHHH what have I done? Help! Any advice from those of you juggling kids and dogs? 

3 comments:

Mia said...

Happy Birthday Emma!!!! We have a rule in our house that we don't have anything living here that can't wipe it's own behind ;) hence no pets... and makes your next post that much funnier!!! The kids get a three year break on the wiping themselves rule. :)

Kathy said...

My kids really want a dog. My husband says "NO!!" So I got them a kitten instead. Dogs are much more time consuming then cats.......... So guess I can't help ya!

Maren and Dustin said...

Ooo, no animals. Hope we never have to go down that road. But seriously, I love seeing your kids birthday cakes! Chocolate covered rice crispy dolphins= pure genius!