Friday, July 10, 2009

You Have to Be Just a Little Bit Crazy To Do This

My mom and sister visited me a couple weeks ago.  While they were here they offered to help me with any projects I had in mind. I took them up on their offer.

The first matter of business was the game room. It was a paint patch-up job of chocolate brown on all four walls. Not a bad color, but not very fitting for a kids' play room. I wasn't sure what color or colors I wanted to paint the room. I had been thinking of doing stripes in four or five different colors until MJ asked me if I knew how much work that would be.

I thought about it.

Yikes, he was right. That would be a LOT of work. So I wasn't really sure where to go next. I mentioned doing the two and two wall colors. My mom shot that down as being an artistic no-no. She was an art major so I took her word for it. She then mentioned that my aunt had once painted a room four different colors.

But who would be crazy enough to do something like that? I knew just the girl.

Here are the before pictures:


And after pictures:


I like it. It's fun and bright and airy. But now what do I do with the rest of the room? Paint is the easy part for me. Decorations, not so much. 

Anyway, thanks for the help Mom and Jen.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Good work, Kasey! Who's "FERF"?

Jamie Martin said...

Oooooh...aaaaahhh! I like it! It looks so fun!