Sunday, November 16, 2008

Family Photos

I decided to save myself some stress this year and have someone else take our family picture. What a novel idea, eh? I mean, not that I don't love the whole wonderful experience of setting the camera up on the tripod, hitting the timer and jumping into the picture, yelling at the kids to smile and look at the camera dang it, fighting with my spouse over choice of setting, choice of lighting, and anything else that especially aggravates us about each other that day, etc., etc. It's just so much fun every year. 

But instead, I had my friend Emily take our pictures last week over at Mayfield Preserve. She's a pro photographer and is starting up her business. What a peaceful and harmonious experience it turned out to be! These are a few of my favorites:




I think the pics turned out really cute. Almost as cute, of course, as our family photo from last year that we never sent out. Come on, I know you've been wanting to see it again--especially since yours truly looks so fabulous in it.  So here it is again, back by popular demand:

P.S. This is how I look when my kids get out of bed for the 500th time. 

7 comments:

anna and wells said...

Emily did a great job! It looks like a fun place to hang out to.

Your picture from last year made me laugh again. I remember when I saw it last year and thought it was hilarious.

Bry n Dani Family said...

Your pictures turned out so good! I love the pics of the kiddos too. The pic from last year is hard to beat... sometimes I feel like that too.

Mia said...

They turned out great!

The James Family said...

ok...the pics of the kids seperate are AWESOME...what cute kids kasey (and even with no sleep from getting out of bed soo much) :)

Lena said...

You guys look fantastic!!! can't wait to see you all in person--hurray!!

As for last years..you at least look happy : )

Kathy said...

I love your family photo! Nice.

Kristi said...

These turned out SOOOOO cute!!! I love them. The kids look adorable and I LOVE the one with your mask on. Awesome!!