Friday, November 21, 2008

Posh!

The kids have been seeing a lot of Star Wars these days with Michael. They have become little Star Wars junkies to say the least. I don't mind since I'm a fan myself.  However, I do want to round out their film education with some of the old classic family films and musicals. So this week we watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. They loved it. Now they keep wanting to listen to the soundtrack that we got from the library.

I hadn't seen this show since I was a kid. It was quite silly but fun. And there was one classic scene that I feel compelled to share. It was right up my alley of absurd humor. 

To get you up to speed: The evil Vulgarians are traveling around in a flying ship, trying to kidnap Dick Van Dyke. However, they make a mistake and kidnap his father, Grandpa Potts, instead. Here's the kidnapped Grandpa Potts singing about the posh traveling life from his outhouse:

 

2 comments:

Lena said...

Oh how I love this movie!!! I had to buy it for my kids, and It is suprising how the songs stick with you. The first time I watched it I was singing along on all the songs..."Truly Scrumptious! Your truly, truly scrumptious!" I just LOVE IT!!!

Kristi said...

Emma just asked me, "Have you seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?" so this made me laugh! My kids still haven't seen this...sad, but true. Their education is being stunted!! :)