Monday, December 8, 2008

Also on December 8th...

December 8th is also my friend Kathy's birthday. Happy Birthday Kath!  So Kathy and I go way way way back.  So far back I'm not sure when exactly we started hanging out.  Were we 11, 12, 13? My memory is sharp as a tack, as you can tell.

So I'm taking a risk here posting her picture. She used to be very anti-pictures-of-herself. I hope she likes this one. Because unlike me, Kathy has a very good memory.  And if there's anyone who has the goods on me, this girl is one of them. I mean, not that there would be any stories to reveal because I was, of course, always quiet, angelic and perfectly behaved. 

I would never have pranked anyone.  I would never have had food cart races through the Church building halls. I would never have toilet papered or ding dong ditched or crank called anyone. I would never have been a saboteur at girls' camp or youth conference.  I would never have treated any boys rather badly.  I would never have snuck out of ______  or _______ on more than one occasion to go to _________ or ___________. (Hey, my parents occasionally read this.) 

So Happy Birthday Wong Tong!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!! Ok, so it is 11:16 at night, and I am up alone desperate for some quiet time. It was a day of tantrums, whining and crying, and begging. Really should have gotten a babysitter....

Man, do I have stories that I could share.... But!! On the flip side, so do you. So how about this...you don't share mine and I won't share yours. So in simple terms - No more unflattering pictures of me sleeping coming to me in the mail. No more fake letters from guys who torment me. You know where I am going with this... And I won't send out unflattering pictures of you laying in the snow to all of our aquaintences or take advantage of your love of pizza and send you doctored pizzas and so forth. And we'll keep all the embarrassing stories to ourselves. Sound like a deal?

Thanks for the birthday shout out. Though was that picture really necessary? To all of Kasey's friends who read her posts, I swear I do not wear my hair like that anymore!!

I love you Chi Wa!! It was good to talk to you today. And thanks so much for the trip down memory lane. You inspire me to get re-intouch with my mischevious side!

Kathy said...

And we were 11/12 when we started hanging out. But we didn't start getting into mischeif together until we were old enough to sneak the parents car during Sunday school to soothe an ice cream craving. (Wait, did you say your parents read this blog?)