Saturday, June 9, 2007

I Should Get Hazard Pay For This

So I was cleaning up this morning, putting laundry away, straightening up the kids' bathroom etc., when I picked up a pair of Evan's pants that were left on the bathroom floor. I started folding them when something dropped on my foot. I thought it was a shoe. But oh no. Life is more exciting than that. It was a lovely round brown surprise for me. How many people can say that has happened to them? And why am I not getting hazard pay? So there you have it. You know you're a mom when poo drops on your foot.

Evan when he is not leaving surprises for his mom.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness, Evan is SO cute. I just adore that little guy. I don't think he's even capable of leaving you surprises in his pants...how funny.

Unknown said...

eeek, the poop is the dangerous part, isn't it? i'm always chasing after runaway turds. it's really, really fulfilling! :)

Jessica said...

One of my favorite memories is fishing out little poops from the kids' bathwater with a slotted spoon, with my older kids cheering me on. I really never thought about that scenario when I agreed to have kids. :-D

LaNan said...

At least he was nice enough to leave it, instead of playing with it. Yep, I've been there. ugghh.

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather, I found my way to your blog via Kristi's. It we aren't cleaning up poop it's throw-up...good times. Yeah, I'm with Lanan, at least he didn't use it as finger paint!

Holly O. said...

Hi, I too made my way over from Kristi's blog. I would have started dry-heaving if I found a turd on the floor. You do deserve something special for that one!

Emily John said...

Hello, I'm emily also via Kristi's blog. oh so cute pic of your son! i agree with the hazard pay. moms get the pooh, the pee and don't forget the puke!

Sheree said...

I really could relate to this post after two days of being up to my elbow cleaning up "potty training" accidents. I thought it was alittle bit difficult to clean up bodily fluids when I was a nurse, but hey, atleast I was getting an hourly wage with paid holidays (oh, and don't forget the 2 15 min breaks plus 1/2 hour lunch mandated by law). I guess the sweet kisses and hugs make up for it all (right??!!!)