Sunday, June 24, 2007

Painting madness

A couple people asked me to post pictures of the rooms I've been painting recently. So here's the guided tour:

This is the family room. It was light beige. Michael is posing here for you in his post-fireside attire. He actually seemed excited to go to it. What's up with that? I think aliens must have taken over his body. But seriously, it's cool that he's turning over a new religious leaf. :>


Here's the kids' bedroom. It used to be lavender, but now since Emma and Evan share a room, I wanted it to be more uni-sex. You have to think about these kinds of things when your father keeps telling you he doesn't want his grandson to be a gay caballero and did I know Austin is the San Francisco of the South? Thanks Dad. So I'm sure yellow and green will make Evan more manly than lavender would have.


Here's my master bathroom. The color you see is called "Starry Sky" but it turned out a tinge more purple than I intended. Purple enough for Michael to sing the Barney song to me. So annoying. I'm halfway done--I still need to paint one wall tan.

Here's my bedroom. It's taken me six years in this house to finally do something with my room. I did two walls the color you see. The other two walls I'm going to do a really really subtle light green. Wish me luck. I'm sick of painting!!

9 comments:

LaNan said...

I think all the colors look lovely. And I personally, love the color in your bathroom. You need to come over to my house and give me some deco advice!

Kristi said...

You're funny! It looks great, seriously--good for you for accomplishing so much in your house. I like that you're using two shades of the same color in the same room. Very cute.

Jessica said...

I really like the bathroom the best, I've been wanting to do our bedroom in a similar color and now I just might have to go for it!

Unknown said...

girl, you've done some good work! i'm impressed. love your bedroom furniture, too. reminds me that i need to make an effort to get some furniture that isn't cobbled together from leftovers. it resembles a college dorm in there!

Hayley said...

your house looks like a model! i love the colors! they're beautiful!

Heather said...

I love that green in your bedroom! Painting can be SUCH a pain, but I love color too. Good job.

Kristi said...

Oh, Kasey--I miss you! When are you coming home? :)

LaNan said...

Me too, Kasey! Come home!

Unknown said...

okay, where are you, girlie??? i'm totally missing your funny posts.