Friday, June 8, 2007

Ode to the Pacific Northwest

Oh Pacific Northwest
Where I am not;
I must stay in Texas
And it is quite hot.

How I miss your rain and vivid green
Farewell farewell
Oh beautiful dream.


As you can see, poetry is not quite my thing. But this picture was so pretty that I felt the urge to write an ode about it. Oh and I'm not really sure that the picture was taken in the Pacific Northwest. It just looks like how I remember Oregon looking. But for all I know, it was taken in Bastrop.

Disclaimer: I am not dissing on Texas. I like Texas. My husband, who I love, likes Texas. And so I am very happy to be here in Texas.

4 comments:

LaNan said...

What a cute poem! I want to go to Oregon, so very pretty.
I love Texas too but dang it's hot right now! And those awful bugs flying around my face tonight! ugghh.

Kristi said...

That is one perty picture! I love it. Why must it be so humid here? We went camping last night and I kept thinking of when we would camp in Utah and it was just the right temperature at night...we were sweating like pigs.

Unknown said...

pacific northwesterners love themselves some green! my in laws live in portland and they've got the "PP" (portland pride). we do think it's lovely - we just hate hearing about how DEAD and UGLY it is here every time they visit. we quite like it here, thank you! but we're headed to P.O. in september for our yearly dose of green!

Hayley said...

i always love how green the northwest is, too. that's a place i could easily live, except for the coasties & their treehuggin' ways. i'm all about conservation, but don't bug me about my leather shoes or purse. or i'll bite your head off!